Police taking no further action after investigating Kneecap’s Glastonbury show | Ents & Arts News

Police are taking no further action over Kneecap’s performance at Glastonbury.
Officers said they had investigated “comments about a forthcoming court case made during Kneecap’s performance” at the festival on 28 June.
However, after Crown Prosecution Service advice, they decided there is not enough evidence “to provide a realistic prospect of conviction for any offence”.
The Avon & Somerset force started investigating the Irish group’s show last month, as well as comments by punk-rap duo Bob Vylan.
It said they were looking at a possible public order incident.
Police said on Friday that the investigation into Bob Vylan’s performance was ongoing.
The London duo were widely criticised – and caused a BBC crisis – after leading on-stage chants of “death to the IDF” (Israel Defence Forces).
Kneecap posted a photograph on Instagram, which the group said was an email from police announcing the case was being dropped.
They said their packed Glastonbury gig was a “celebration of love and solidarity” and reporting used “wildly misleading headlines”.
Fears over what Kneecap might do or say during the performance had prompted the BBC not to show it live.
The group said: “Every single person who saw our set knew no law was broken, not even close… yet the police saw fit to publicly announce they were opening an investigation.”
“There is no public apology, they don’t send this to media or post it on police accounts,” they added.
The police statement on Friday said they had informed Kneecap of their decision to drop the case.
Read more from Sky News:
Snoop Dogg becomes a co-owner of Swansea FC
American Idol TV executive and husband shot dead
One of the group’s members appeared in court in June charged with a terror offence.
Liam Og O hAnnaidh is accused of displaying a flag in support of Hezbollah, a proscribed organisation in the UK, at a gig last year.
He was released on unconditional bail ahead of a second court appearance in August.
From street plays to TV success: Derry Girls creator Lisa McGee talks about her new show | Ents & Arts News
Nearly four years on from the emotional finale of Derry Girls, writer and creator Lisa...
‘It was pretty gnarly’: Sinners cinematographer on bugs, blood splatters and Hollywood ‘boys’ club’ | Ents & Arts News
If you are a film fan, Autumn Durald Arkapaw is a name to remember this award season. Ahead...
James Van Der Beek GoFundMe raises over $2m as stars ‘show up’ to support his family | Ents & Arts News
A GoFundMe collection set up following the death of Dawson’s Creek star James Van...
Former Strictly star who took his own life, Robin Windsor, was ‘vulnerable to rejection’ | UK News
A former Strictly Come Dancing star who took his own life in 2024 was “vulnerable...