Bassnectar Settles Sexual Abuse Lawsuit

Both parties said they “amicably decided to resolve this matter and move on in peace”
A sex abuse lawsuit against Bassnectar will not go to trial. On Tuesday, the case against the music producer, born Lorin Ashton, was dismissed with prejudice after he reached a private settlement with three women who had accused Bassnectar of sexually abusing them when they were underage.
“I am relieved to be able to put this behind me once and for all,” Ashton said in a statement. “To be clear, I did not engage in any of the wrongdoing of which I was accused. I have never abused or assaulted anyone in any way, shape or form. I have also never been charged with any crimes.”
“This process has been long and exhausting, and I am excited to get back to doing what I love most: making music and art for the world to enjoy,” he added.
The plaintiffs’ attorney Stewart Ryan issued a separate statement to Rolling Stone on behalf of the women: “The Parties have resolved their dispute amicably and will not be making any further comment on the matter.”
The original 2021 lawsuit claimed the musician groomed, trafficked, and sexually abused the plaintiffs. In December, the judge in the case denied his request to dismiss the lawsuit. Ashton previously claimed in his dismissal motion that the three women — Rachel Ramsbottom, Alexis Bowling, and Jenna Houston — had lied about their ages to “deceive” him into believing they were at least 18 years old.
The plaintiffs and Ashton also released a joint statement, per Billboard, saying they had “amicably decided to resolve this matter and move on in peace” as they wished each other a “bright future.”
Ashton has denied the accusations since they surfaced and called the claims “fictitious” in a letter sent to Rolling Stone in 2023. The Bassnectar fan base crumbled in 2020 when Ashton disappeared following the initial allegations shared on social media that he had groomed and sexually abused young female fans.
Paul McCartney Plays Beatles Classics in ‘SNL’ Bonus Performance
After the season finale, McCartney stuck around to perform “Help!” (with Will...
Ariana Grande Releases Outtake ‘Knew Better Part Two’: Listen
“Knew Better Part Two” didn’t make it onto the album, but became a fan...
Billy Joel Denounces ‘Billy and Me’ Biopic: ‘Professionally Misguided’
A new biopic chronicling the early years of Billy Joel is officially in development,...
Bruce Springsteen’s Manager Denies Reports of Chris Christie Rift
A video of Bruce Springsteen supposedly snubbing former New Jersey governor Chris Christie...